Before Halloween
people do Halloween cards
and sends them all their friends and relatives.
This card is mine version.
In Finland we have been "Kekri" but in 1729 church forbade to celebration of it.
Kekri was celebration of harvest festival.
Kekripukki = goat of kekri (on left) was key character.
Kekri was celebration of joy. People were eating and dancing.
Mikael Agricola (http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikael_Agricola)
thought that Kekri added cattle growth and fertility.
Kekri was praise from the harvest.
Meal was called departed of family. For them was a dinner plate.
For fairies prepared foods and beverages.
In the picture above is "Kekripukki" (on left) and fairy (on right).
Laura from Haltiatuli (http://haltiatuli.blogspot.fi/) made them.
Those are hand made ceramick.
I put them to box which I made (below).
Bracelet (below) got it's idea from Kekri.
I wanted describe nature and different times of the year.
Year begins in January. In Finland is winter and jewel's white describes it.
Then comes spring. Lakes and sea are free again.
Midsummer. It's the most important time of the year for many people. Main time to the birds.
August, grain ripens.
Autumn, apples and berries are ready.
Leaves fall and day come every day shorter and night comes longer.
Earrings reminds me of summer.
Necklace
Kiitos Sanna ja Jaana, että olette liittyneet lukijoihini:).
VastaaPoistaTervetuloa!
Siis todella kivat korut! Ja tuo kortti on aivan huikee :-D
VastaaPoistaKiitos Mags♥
PoistaEn malta odottaa sinun tuotoksiasi:)
Upeita töitä kerrassaan:)
PoistaKiitos Eila♥
PoistaTodella, todella hienoja!!!!! <3
VastaaPoistaKiitos:)
PoistaIhanat, ajatuksella tehdyt korut :) Ja kortti on ihan mahtava!
VastaaPoistaKiitos! Pidän itsekkin tuosta kortista.
PoistaIhania juttuja kaikki mutta tuo rannekori kiehtoo erityisesti.
VastaaPoistaKiitos myös sinulle Amalia:)
PoistaBeautiful jewelry :) thanks for telling us about Kekri :) I love learning about different harvest traditions :)
VastaaPoistaBeautiful work and thank you for sharing your traditions
VastaaPoistaIt was very interesting reading about the fall traditions. Your jewelry creations are perfect!
VastaaPoistaSonya
Very interesting post - thank you for sharing!
VastaaPoistaWonderful post, thank you for sharing - and absolutely perfect creations to match it! I love the 'seasons' bracelet, a very interesting way to incorporate all the elements.
VastaaPoistaThank you for you all♥
VastaaPoistaWAU! Kortti on upea ja korut aivan mahtavia <3
VastaaPoistaKiitos Meke. Korttia tehdessä iski jokin lapsuusvaihe;)
PoistaEverything you created for this post is so elegant, beautifully depicting the seasons, and I loved that you shared your own traditions.
VastaaPoistaThank you. I wanted to write about Kekri becauce Halloween isn't so important hear in Finland than in USA.
PoistaSeveral people would like bring back this Kekri tradition.
gorgeous.
VastaaPoistaThank you for sharing Kekri with us. My celebration also is a harvest festival and a day to commune with your ancestors.
VastaaPoistaVery nice, love the necklace and the earrings are exceptional.
VastaaPoistaThank you Micheladas, Shaiha and Kepi:)
VastaaPoistaThanks for sharing Kekri - love the ceramic pieces! Your pictures and jewelry are beautiful!!
VastaaPoistaThank you Christine. Laura is so talent and she makes so beautiful ceramics.
Poistabeautiful pieces of jewelry...! great work marita..! :)
VastaaPoistaThank you. You all are so kind.
PoistaI like Your celebration_ fairies and food! Nice Work. I had to take Rita to ER. She will comment asap.thanks, Lee
VastaaPoistaThank you Lee:). I hope that Rita feels better.
PoistaKirjoittaja on poistanut tämän kommentin.
VastaaPoistaYour card is enchanting and it is always a pleasure to hear of different cultures' celebrations and traditions. I love how your jewelry captured autumn by transitioning through the seasons. Just beautiful!
VastaaPoistaThank you Colene:)
PoistaKauniit kortit.. ja nuo korut tarinoineen niin viehättäviä! :)
VastaaPoistaKiitos Kati.
PoistaI love your cards and jewelry! Well done!
VastaaPoistaThank you Kathy!
PoistaIhana halloweenkortti!!! Suorastaan megamagea :D Tykkään myös tuosta rannekorusta ihan älyttömästi!
VastaaPoistaKiitos Merkkari♥
PoistaOlen itse nyt lumoutunut näihin luonnonkivistä tehtyihin koruihin.